What can be restored?
BackHub lets you restore everything that is included in the backup.
However, due to limitations of the GitHub API, some data either cannot be restored directly or else it comes in a different format for practical reasons:
- Wikis cannot be restored directly back to GitHub. See these instructions if you want to restore a wiki.
- Pull requests can only be restored as issues.
- When restoring, all issues are filed by the user and have the current date stamp. The original author and issue date are included as text in the issue description.
- We do not link @mentions in issues or comments. This prevents flooding the participating users with notification emails.
- We do not assign issues when restoring in order to avoid email notifications. The information about the original assignee displays in the issue description.