Daily repository backups
Issues backed up
Get a full GitLab backup in minutes
Save time with our GitLab backup service and get a full backup of your GitLab projects. No need to implement and test your own backup script.
Always up to date and monitored
Have peace of mind, as we update all your backups daily, and make sure you are up-to-date with GitLab API changes.
Easy disaster recovery and support
Get support from our experts for disaster recovery, and restore your data easily with the BackHub Restore App.
Why should I backup my data?
To prevent loss of data
There are many reasons for keeping an extra offsite backup of your projects on GitLab.com.
The number one cause of data loss is directly from users.
Here are a few scenarios that can lead to loss of data in a GitLab project:
- GitLab accidentally loses your data
- A project has been deleted accidentally from GitLab.
- A projects content has been wiped.
- The history of a repository was changed with git-reset or git-rebase and therefore has led to loss of data with a forced push.
- Rogue employee destroys your data.
- Your account get's hijacked (happened to the Canonical GitHub account).
- Your account is deleted
There are many other scenarios that could potentially lead to loss of data. We therefore strongly recommend backing up all your data.
Many of our customers also need backups for compliance. If you are preparing for a SOC2 or ISO27K audit, for example, you will need a backup of your cloud data.
Read more in our help center.